I can just picture how that is going to go [img]smile.gif[/img]
-Jordyn
Imagine this...
Business men and women in suits sitting proper around a conference table. The conversation ensues thus:
Chair 1: As I said, why don't we market the American Girl dolls like we do Barbie, with limited editions coming out once a year.
Chair 5: Are you crazy? That will never fly! The American Girl dolls are huge! Where will the buyers keep more than one doll?
Chair 3: And the dolls are expensive! The buyers are children and they don't have that much cash!
Chair 10: Plus, these dolls are marketed tochildren. Girls who have small bedrooms with limited space! There is no way their mothers will let them have more than one or two dolls.
Chair 1: I understand all your concerns. But let me direct you to a website to prove that the Limited Edition dolls WILL work. It's called The American Girl Fans Message Board. Here are some charts and graphs to show you how many dolls they have.
All the business men and women: [img]eek.gif[/img] Aaaaaah.
Chair 1: And watch this powerpoint presentation as I show you why, how and where the dolls are stored.
All the business men and women: [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Oooooooh!
Chair 1: So you see, we really can market Limited Edition dolls.
[img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Julia
I can just picture how that is going to go [img]smile.gif[/img]
-Jordyn
Funny, maybe they would also start marketing a little more towards adults....hey what about an adult AG magazine...on maybe doll restoration and hair styling tips ect...I would buy it!
Shanna [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! now that was funny! I must be specimen #2 or something.. with all the dolls here.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
That is so funny!
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Tears of LAUGHTER! LOL that was so funny! MORE MORE MORE MORE!
Chair 1: Momentarily, Chair 2 will give a report of doll sales in the last quarter. Are you ready to give your report, chair 2?
Chair 2: Well, I was ready to give the report but the data keeps changing. Just a minute, my spreadsheet is chomping numbers... Ah yes, in the past 20 minutes, doll sales rose 12%. We have been able to determine that the increase is in direct relation to speculations on the American Girl Fans Message Board. When it is rumored that an item will be discontinued, sales skyrocket. We have not yet figured out how to tap into this lucrative market.
Chair 3: We have also noted that last year when we came out with a $10 off code, members of that same board increased their spending by about 300%! I move that we put another code in the upcoming Felicity movie boxes.
Chair 1: We've noticed that people from that board are particularily obsessed with what they consider to be "good deals" This is a weakness we can definitely exploit!
LOL Julia! I don't know if I'm laughing because it's funny, or because it's probably really TRUE! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROTFL!Originally posted by Lissiefan:
Chair 1: We've noticed that people from that board are particularily obsessed with what they consider to be "good deals" This is a weakness we can definitely exploit!
Bookmarks